To be appointed Chair in Common, candidates must be a member of the Foundation Trust. Eligibility and criteria for disqualification as a member or as a director are shown below:
Eligibility to become Chair in Common
A person may be appointed as Chair in Common only if:
- they are a member of the Public Constituency. The Public Constituency is comprised of the following areas:
Area A: Sandwell All those within the borough of Sandwell
Area B: Walsall All those within the borough of Walsall
Area C: Dudley All those within the borough of Dudley
Area D: Wolverhampton All those within the city of Wolverhampton
Area E: Birmingham & the Wider West Midlands All those within the city of Birmingham and those within the wider West Midlands area, coterminous with that area under the responsibility of the former West Midlands Strategic Health Authority
Board of Directors - Disqualification
The following may not become or continue as a member of the Board of Directors:
- a person who has been adjudged bankrupt or whose estate has been sequestrated and (in either case) has not been discharged.
- a person who has made a composition or arrangement with, or granted a Trust deed for, his/her creditors and has not been discharged in respect of it.
- a person who within the preceding five years has been convicted of any offence if a sentence of imprisonment (whether suspended or not) for a period of not less than three months (without the option of a fine) was imposed on him/her.
- Further provisions as to the circumstances in which an individual may not become or continue as a member of the Board of Directors set out in Annex 9 of the constitution.